The Election Commission of India (ECI) has issued a press release stating that people can produce the following 12 documents on the day of voting as identity proof at the poling station, provided their name is in the electoral roll.
The 12 documents are as follows:
1. Voter ID Card (EPIC)
2. Adhaar Card
3. MNREGA job Card
4. Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office with Photo
5. Driving Licence
6. Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/State Govt./PSUs/Public Limited Companies
7. PAN Card
9. Pension Document with Photo
10. Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
11. Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
12. Official Identity Cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
The Indian general election will begin on April 11 and continue till May 19. The counting will be held on May 23. In Odisha, Lok Sabha and Assembly elections will be held simultaneously in four phases, beginning April 11.