29 C
Bhubaneshwar, IN
Sunday, November 18, 2018

Prioritize Skill Development In Rural India

In India, according to the 2001 census, about 72.2% of the population are living in about 638,000 villages and remaining 27.8% live in about 5,380 cities, towns and urban agglomerations. Most of the country’s landmass belong to rural area...
Odissi dance drama Ripu Parinama being staged at Konark Festival in Konark on Tuesday. Photograph: Odishabytes

Konark Fest: Poor Odissi Show Leaves Dance Lovers Disappointed

Konark: The five-day long prestigious Konark Festival came to an end on a disappointing note with Odissi performance by Bhubaneswar-based Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Odissi Research Centre here on Tuesday. The audience saw the mismatch in steps along with discordant vocals....
Harish Chandra buxipatra

Harish Chandra Buxipatra – The Prudent Reformer

When he was a high school student in Rayagada, Harish Chandra Buxipatra gathered his friends and performed shuddhi kriya (rituals observed on death of near and dear ones which includes tonsuring of head) on the death of Mahatma Gandhi....

The High GDP Growth And Low Employability Anomaly In Indian Higher Education Sector

The high GDP growth rates of India relative to the rest of the world should normally lead to higher demand for higher education. During the late 2000s, there was a lot of talk of how low GER's may impede growth; however...

The Voice Of Odia Piety

Today I remember Banikantha Nimai Harichandan and the benign glory of pious Odisha. Banikantha, his moniker, was so apt that every morning in hamlets, villages, households there wasn’t a soul which didn’t hear him waking up life to a...

Teachers’ demand and my role

In a welcome move, the block grant system for teachers has been abolished in the state and has been replaced with grant-in-aid system. This is expected to benefit teachers, students and promote the quality of education. Odisha introduced the...
Recent Tweets

More Stories

Online Sale Of Tickets For Inaugural Ceremonies To Begin From Nov...

Bhubaneswar: Hockey India on Sunday announced that the online ticket sale for the grand opening ceremonies of the Odisha Hockey Men's World Cup Bhubaneswar...