Bhubaneswar: Odisha Congress again finds itself in a soup with the state unit president being summoned by the Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police in connection with a cheating case.
It assumes political significance since the notice was shot off a couple of days before AICC president Rahul Gandhi visit to Odisha on Friday.
The notice issued by the office of the assistant commissioner of police, EOW, under Section 91 of CrPC, said that a case has been registered on a complaint of Kamaljeet Singh Ahluwalia against Farid Arifuddin and Gargi under Sections 420/409 IPC.
Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik has been asked to reply to the queries within seven days of receipt of the notice.
1. What was/is your designation and work profile in Vavasi Telegence Pvt. Ltd.
2. What was/is your designation and work profile in Next Generation Telecommunication India Pvt. Ltd ?
3. How do you know Kamaljeet Singh Ahluwaliya and Farid Arifuddin ?
4. Were you ever been authorized signatory of the above two company?
5. Have you gone through with the terms of each and every points of the agreement which was executed among Kamaljeet Singh Ahluwaliya, Farid Arifuddin and Gargi Farid?
6. Have you ever debited amount from the official account of NGTIPL and Vavasi Telegence Pvt. Ltd?
7. Is there any other litigation filed by you against Kamaljeet Singh Ahluwaliya, Farid Arifuddin and Gargi Farid? If yes, please Provide the self-attested copy.
On Thursday, Niranjan told the media that he had resigned as one of the directors of Vavasi Telegence Pvt. Ltd and Next Generation Telecommunication India Private Limited long time back.
“I will definitely appear before the EOW if they want to elicit more information about the company and its modus operandi. If the police feel that I have done any crime, let them arrest me. I know how transparent I am,” he asserted.