Summer is here and so are skin-related challenges like acne, uneven skin tone, sun burn, oily and sticky skin and much more. It is time to revamp your skin care routine in this scorching heat. The skin gets oily and blemished and is robbed of its natural radiance due to pollution and contaminants in the environment.Pollution and other environmental contaminants take away your skin’s natural radiance, leaving it oily, dull, and blemished. The quality of your skin in the long run will depend a lot on how much you exert to take care of it in these merciless months.
All you need to do is make little changes in your daily routine and diet and of course use the right sunscreen while stepping out of the house.
1. As a first, change your face wash and moisturizer as the demands of your skin are different in winter and summer. The skin tends to get oily in summer, so choose a facewash that is gentle and those who have a dry skin should go in for a non-foaming facewash. Those whose skin is both dry and oily can also make use of this option. Of course, there is nothing like washing your face three to four times in a day to keep the skin clean and refreshed all the time.
2. The same goes for your moisturizer. Remember you don’t have to slather your skin with those fancy butter creams that you use in the winter. What you require in summer is a light moisturiser that does not settle on your skin.
3. Avoid makeup or make it minimal so that your skin can breathe when it is hot and humid. Try and use organic products and light watery shades for your lips.
4. Use an effective sunscreen. In fact don’t step out of the house without a generous application. An SPF of 30 generally works for everyone but if your skin is excessively oily, go in for a gel-based sunscreen. Apply it at least 20 minutes before you leave the house.
5. Using a skin toner is of utmost importance because the skin pores open up due to sweating. Make sure your face is clean before you use a toner.
6. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water, at least 2-3 litres in a day. It will make your skin glow in addition to flushing out the toxins from your body.
7. Eat right. What goes inside reflects outside. So don’t undermine the importance of eating the right food, which means chucking fried and oily stuff and gorging on fresh vegetables and fruits. You don’t need to look for fancy fruits. Just go in for the seasonal ones.
8. It is also important to exfoliate your skin. You could do this twice or thrice in a week by using a gentle scrub, multani mitti or chandan. Another natural method is to use lemon and curd to cleanse your skin. A good idea is to squeeze the juice of a lemon mix it with water and put it in your ice tray. Rub the cubes on your face gently once frozen.
9. Wear light clothes, actually only cotton to enable your skin to breathe. Synthetic fabric will make you sweaty and smelly and also give you rashes.
10. In addition to all this, it is recommended to always carry a light scarf to protect your hair because too much heat damages the hair too. Cover your face with it too. It is alright if you look like a bandit. Carrying an umbrella at all times is also a good idea because it gives you a good cover to the whole body.