Boudh: In a tragic incident, at least 42 houses were gutted in a major fire that broke out at Pradhan Sahi under Harbhanga tehsil in Boudh district on Saturday.
After receiving information about the incident, fire personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
However, some locals claimed that when they contacted nearby fire service station, they arrived late at the spot.
Though the exact cause of the mishap is not yet ascertained, it is suspected that the fire might have been triggered by an electrical short circuit, a fire official informed.
No injury or casualty was reported due to the mishap. Valuables worth lakhs of rupees were completely destroyed.