Bhubaneswar: A major fire broke out at the United Bank of India Kharvel Nagar branch here late on Sunday.
No human injury or casualty has been reported in the mishap.
Though the exact amount of damage is yet to be ascertained, computers, furniture, office stationeries and documents were gutted.
On receiving information, fire services personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
An electrical short circuit in the wiring is suspected to have triggered the blaze.
However, fire officials have started investigation to ascertain the exact cause of the incident.