Worried about heavy traffic fines? Here’s a simple way for you to add your vehicle documents on your phone and show it to authorities when asked for. Yes, it is 100 per cent accepted by police, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has clarified. One such app is mParivahan made under the Digital India initiative.
How to use mParivahan app:
- First, download the mParivahan app from Google Play store.
- Sign up using your mobile number. You will get an OTP. Enter and register on the app.
- Now, you have two choices – DL (Driving Licence) & RC (Registration Certificate).
- Enter your DL number.
- To generate a virtual DL, click on “Add To My Dashboard”
- Enter DOB and your DL will be added to your ‘Dashboard’.
- Similarly, enter vehicle number for RC.
- It will show you details such as insurance validity, fitness expiry date, and more.
- Click on “Add To My Dashboard”.
- You will be prompted to enter the chassis number and engine number of your vehicle. You can get these details from your RC.
- After verifying, go to the Dashboard and select the DL or RC you want to show to authorities.
- This will generate a QR code for which authorities can scan to verify.
- You can check existing challans and pay for them electronically there.
- You can also share your RC with other people using the mParivahan for a fixed duration if they are using your vehicle.
Do note that scanned copies or photographs of ID cards and vehicles documents are not accepted. The documents obtained via mParivahan and DigiLocker apps are accepted.