Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police on Monday issued a traffic advisory for the upcoming roadshow of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) to the meeting venue, Baramunda, via Siripur Square in Odisha capital.
The traffic restrictions will be in force from 2 pm to 10 pm to ensure smooth vehicular movement on Tuesday.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The general public are advised not to use NH-16 between 2 pm and 10 pm
- Local buses plying between Baramunda bus stand towards Cuttack will use the service road up to Vani Vihar and then go up on NH-16 flyover
- Similarly, passenger buses coming from Cuttack to Baramunda bus stand will ply on NH-16 flyover and proceed to Khandagiri Sqaure and then take a right turn onto the service road to reach Baramunda bus stand
- Buses arriving from Khuda to Baramunda will avail the service road to reach the bus stand
- All light vehicles and four-wheelers commuting on NH-16 from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be diverted from Balikuda Chhak (under Cuttack UPD) to Pitapalli Chhak (under Bhubaneswar UPD) via Trishula, Baranga and Chhak between 2 pm and 10 pm. Same traffic arrangement will be applicable for through light vehicles on NH-16 from Khurda to Cuttack
- All heavy goods vehicles/ trucks coming on NH-16 from Khurda to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Pitapalli Chhak and those heavy goods vehicles/ trucks commuting from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Manguli and beyond between 2 pm and 10 pm.