Paradip: A massive fire broke out at Luck Pada in Paradip on Friday, rendering as many as four families homeless.
The blaze erupted from the house of one Bijaylaxmi Burman and later spread to the adjacent ones belonging to Basa Burman, Ashok Bai and Narayan Burma in no time.
On being informed, locals alerted the fire personnel, who reached the spot. However, properties worth several lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes by the time the fire tenders arrived.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, locals and fire officials suspect that the fire was triggered by an electrical short circuit.