Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday announced a special package of Rs 1,000 crore for drainage development across the city to address the waterlogging in low-lying areas.
He also distributed 8,665 entitlement certificates, 104 final allotment letters and 130 provisional allotments letters to slum residents of the city under Mission Abaas, a state housing scheme.
Addressing the gathering at Janata Maidan here, the Chief Minister said that by 2022, not a single slum resident would be without a ‘pucca’ house as his government will keep its promises in subsequent phases.,
To address all aspects of housing for the urban poor, the state government had brought in “Policy for Housing for All in Urban Areas, Odisha” in 2015. More than 2,000 allotment letters had already been distributed before making houses available to more than 10,000 slum residents across the city.
The other highlights:
- The Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of 40 projects worth Rs 1,160 Crore of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC), Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL), Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT), Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited (BSCL) and Tourism Department.
- He inaugurated one housing project at Rangamatia and Nirman Shramik Rahani Sthal at Kharvel Nagar worth Rs 59 Crore.
- The foundation stone laying also included 12 drainage projects of BMC, renovation of six water bodies by BMC, nine community toilet projects by BMC, five toilets on wheels by BMC, rejuvenation of Bindusagar by the Tourism Department, seven projects by BDA, 10 projects by OPTCL, development of two depots by CRUT, BMC-ICOMC building by BSCL, and Integrated Development of Ekamra Kshetra by the Tourism Department.
- The Chief Minister also laid the foundation stones of seven projects, involving roads and buildings by the Public Works Department.
- To give the people and visitors of Bhubaneswar a complete digital solution for accessing the city’s multiple services and letting them know about important and interesting information, the Bhubaneswar.me Unified Portal, developed under the Bhubaneswar Smart City Project, was launched by Naveen.