Old Man Dies Of Electrocution In Odisha’s Kalahandi

Kalahandi: In an unfortunate incident, an old man died after coming in contact with a live wire at Dhanapur village under Kalampur block of Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi district on Wednesday.

The deceased, identified as Durjyodhan Rana, came in contact with the 11 KV electric wire, while he was working in his farmland. The electric wire was lying in the field.

Following the incident, the irate locals alleged that the accident occurred due to negligence of the electricity department employees.

In a similar incident, in June first week, a woman died of electrocution while attempting to save her five-year-old daughter at Jayantpur village under Golamunda block in Kalahandi district.

According to available information, the minor girl identified as Sagarika Majhi came in contact with an electrical earthing wire while playing near an electric pole. Noticing this, her mother Rasabati Majhi, wife of Nakula Majhi, rushed to the spot and rescued the child immediately. However, she got electrocuted after coming in contact with an electric wire.

The woman was rescued by locals and rushed to Bhawanipatna hospital in a critical condition. But, she died on her way to the hospital.

Comments

comments