Puri: The third Rath Yatra Coordination Committee meeting presided over by Law Minister Pratap Jena here on Thursday laid emphasis on the completion of all pending works by June 25.
Here are some decisions taken at the meeting.
1. Instructions to all departments to stay in readiness by June 25.
2. Departments to complete the assigned work within the specified time frame.
3. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (PCCF) to submit a report on the total number of Phasi trees (used in the construction of chariots) in the forests under the Jagannath Vana Prakalpa within three months.
3. A health team led by the Puri Collector to look into the outbreak of epidemic in Puri and its periphery and provide immediate health service to prevent its spread to other areas.
4. The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) to keep five ambulance vans along the Puri-Bhubaneswar National Highway ready and take immediate steps to remove encroachment to ensure smooth and uninterrupted movement of traffic.
5. To avoid heavy rush of passengers, 192 special trains to run to and from Puri.
6. Booking counters to be set up at 62 places including Puri.
7. More than 200 more buses to ply to Puri to facilitate the smooth arrival of devotees to witness the Rath Yatra.
8. Energy Department to restore power in all areas of Puri district by June 30.
9. Housing and Urban Development Department to complete the cleaning of the drains and sewage in Puri by June 25.
10. A total of 155 platoons of police to be deployed in Puri from Rath Yatra to Niladri Bije.