Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday released the poll manifesto of his party.
Speaking on the occasion, he said there is special emphasis on the inclusive socio-economic development of the farmers, women and youth in the manifesto.
Claiming that the BJD has fulfilled its promise, the Chief Minster jeered at the Opposition BJP and Congress. “The BJD, unlike the BJP and the Congress, has stuck to its promises it had made to the people in the 2014 elections,” he added.”
The theme of the BJD manifesto is “Naveen Odisha, Sashakt Odisha.”
Here are details of the manifesto.
Manifesto For Farmers
1. KALIA scheme will continue for all farmers and landless agricultural labourers as promised. An assistance of Rs 10,000 per year for farmers and Rs 12,000 for landless labourers will be provided.
2. KALIA Commission will be set up to monitor its implementation and to recommend revision of rates after three years, address issues of digressed farmers and other incentives to improve farmers’ welfare.
3. Interest-free crop loans up to Rs 1 lakh
4. KALIA scholarships to support higher and professional education of children of farmers and landless labourers.
5. Apart from the existing investments, an additional Rs 50,000 crore will be invested for increasing the area under irrigation.
6. A state-of-the-art 24X7 farmer call centre with modern technical logistics will be set up.
7. All panchayats will have storage and warehousing facilities.
8. There will be KALIA centres to encourage agri-innovation and serve as a one-stop resource centre in every district.
9. All RMCs will be modernized to provide warehousing and professional agri-marketing and extension support.
10. Temporary storage facilities at every procurement point.
11. The enhancement of Minimum Support Price (MSP) to Rs 2930 will be pursued with the Central government.
12. Special additional allowances will be provided to farmers on procurement price in conditions of drought, flood and other natural calamities.
Manifesto For Women
1. Commitment to provide Rs 5,000 crore government business to women SHGs with a profit of Rs 500 crore.
2. Interest-free loans to SHGs up to Rs 5 lakh.
3. Free girl child education from KG to PG.
4. Enhancement of assurance cover under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
5. Marriage assistance of Rs 25,000 for daughters of poor families.
6. Not a single widow destitute will be left out of social security cover.
7. Accident insurance cover will be provided for all SHG members.
8. Mission Shakti to have a separate department and the state level federation will be a body with a chairperson and members who will be supported by federations from Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti to the district level.
9. All land/house given by the government will be in the name of women of the household.
10. Stamp duty concession will be provided for women in registration of property.
11. Interest subvention will be provided to women entrepreneurs.
12. Mission Shakti will have a corpus fund on the lines of CMRF, SDRF for Mission Shakti members.
13. A Mission Shakti Bazaar in each panchayat and training programme for members towards business development and equipment support.
14. Special ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ will be held in each block exclusively for women.
Manifesto For Youth
1. Reservation of 75% of jobs in all upcoming industries in Odisha for qualified youth.
2. The World Skill Centre will produce 1.5 lakh highly skilled professionals who will have global employable potential.
3. “Skilled in Odisha” will be made a global brand and 15 lakh youth will be skilled in the next five years.
4. One-time start-up allowance at the rate of Rs 10 lakh will be provided to 10,000 eligible youth.
5. “Make in Odisha” will be grounded to generate 30 lakh employment opportunities in focus sectors.
6. Education loans will be provided at 0% interest.
7. Technical institutes, colleges and universities will be provided free Wi-Fi services.
8. All students upon joining college will be given 1 GB Internet free.
9. A Scholarship Council will facilitate scholarships both on merit and socio-economic criteria.
10. Odisha will create world-class sports facilities and will be the face of sports in India.
11. All the state level recruitment fees for jobs will be waived off.