New Delhi: You passport entitles you to travel abroad under government protection. But not many would be aware that your travel document carries an intrinsic value which is based on the level of acceptability in foreign soil.
1. Atron Capital, a global financial advisory firm, has come out with its latest ranking list of the passport power worldwide.
2. According to the list, India’s passport power has improved by 11 ranks in the last four years and it is now placed at the 66th position globally.
3. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has become number one in the ranking, replacing Singapore, while Pakistan ranks third from the bottom.
4. The ranking to various passports is given on the basis “visa Free” status accorded to passport holders of a specified country, visa on arrival and visa requirement.
5. India is ranked 66th as its passport provides Visa Free (VF) access to 25 countries, Visa on Arrival (VoA) to 39 countries, while visa requirement is compulsory for 134 countries.
6. Some of the countries which allow Indians without visa are Bhutan, Fiji, Indonesia, Mauritius, Nepal, Palestinian territories and Qatar.
7. Pakistan, interestingly, ranks third from the bottom (passport power rank 90), as its passport provides Visa Free access to only eight countries and Visa on Arrival to 28 countries (Visa Free Score 36).
8. China, on the other hand, ranks just nine levels above India, with 57th rank.
9. As per the latest power ranking, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) occupies the number one rank globally, with Visa Free access to 114 countries, VoA to 54 countries, while visa requirement is compulsory for 30 countries.
10. United States Of America occupies that fourth place as visa free access is granted by 116 countries, visa on arrival in 49 countries and visa requirement in 33 countries.