Fun Amid Pandemic: Have You Read These COVID Inspired Proverb Twists Yet?
Ranchi: Have you ever thought what the post-corona world will look like? Trying different hand sanitizers and creams, wearing masks as a fashion accessory, writing essays on ‘A Day In Times Of COVID’ for school assignments and what not. However, one thing is for sure, there will be plenty of additions in our life, including new words and phrases to learn.
We are sure, Oxford Dictionary is already working on it. Here are some proverbs and phases with a touch and twist of COVID. Take a look.
1. Divided we live, united we die. *True indeed*
2. A sneeze in time infects nine. (Probably more. Maybe that’s why we were asked to carry a handkerchief in school.)
3. One man’s mask is another man’s poison.
4. An unmasked guy is COVID’s workshop.
5. As you spray, so shall you reap.
6. Rome was not infected in a day!
7. Don’t count your chickens before next March.
8. Homestay is the best policy!
9. Every crowd has a carrier lurking! A good one indeed.
10. Ignorance is a kiss!
11. When the cough is away, you can come out and play.
12. You can have your COVID and spread it too.
13. Cough goes around, comes around!
14. A cup of Kadha a day, keeps COVID away!
15. Corona go, go corona!
16. Eat your vitamins before COVID takes your breath away.
17. Self-quarantining is the best thing to do.
18. Say no to handshakes.
19. There’s no place like home.
What are you waiting for? Spread the word and the proverb.