Immersion Ceremony In Bhubaneswar: Avoid These Roads From 3PM Today
Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police has issued a traffic advisory for Durga idols immersion ceremony in Odisha capital.
All the deities of padals erected in the city will congregate at the three Bhasani committees – Bhubaneswara Bhasani Utsav Committee at Saheed Nagar, Rajdhani Mandir Surakshya Bhasani 5arniti at Nayapalli and Uttar Bhubaneswar Bhasani Committee at Chandrasekharpur.
According to the advisory, traffic restrictions will be in place from 3 pm to 1 am for smooth conduct of the closing ceremony of the five-day Durga Puja.
The restrictions are as follows:
For immersion procession of Bhubaneswar Bhasani Utsav Committee at Saheed Nagar
- The traffic intending to proceed towards Rupali Square from Vani Vihar will be diverted from Vani Vihar towards Acharya Vihar.
2. No vehicles, of any type, will be allowed to ply on Janpath. They will be diverted to Sachivalay Marg and other adjacent roads.
For the immersion procession of Rajdhani Mandir Suraksha Bhasani 5amiti, Nayapalli
- The traffic proceeding towards Cuttack from CRP Square will be diverted from CRP Square towards Jaydev Vihar via Ekamra Park and Biju Pattnaik College.
2. The vehicular traffic on Stewart school road, Unit-8 road, and OUAT Square-New Airport road will be diverted to the adjacent roads.
For the immersion procession Uttar Bhubaneswar Vasani Committee at Chadrashekharpur
- The traffic intending to proceed towards Nalco Square from KITT will be diverted to other adjacent roads from Nandan Kanan – Jayadev Vihar road.
2. Heavy vehicles coming from Khurda towards Bhubaneswar will be diverted at starting Point of Fire Station Overbridge towards the flyover.
3. No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on the service road.
People intending to go to railway station and airport may make arrangements accordingly to avoid delays, the advisory said, adding that violation of the order will attract a fine of Rs 500, extending up to Rs 1000.