Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday sought active engagement of India Inc in realising the state’s vision of attracting Rs 2.5 lakh crore of investment and generating 30 lakh jobs by 2025.
Addressing the 22nd ‘Enterprise Odisha 2019 Conclave organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Eastern Region, he said that 100 industrial units have taken the benefit of the ‘Go Swift’ portal in the last two years, calling up industry bodies to generate awareness about the industry-friendly policies of the government.
Key takeaways from his speech:
1. The Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 was an overwhelming success. The next edition will be held in 2020, from November 30 to December 4.
2. The government will soon announce a vision document, which aims at more than 50 per cent value addition to the metal produced in Odisha for downstream development. “I would encourage all large industries as well as MSMEs to work together in developing a robust downstream ecosystem in the state”.
3. The youths and entrepreneurs should take advantage of the ‘start-up Odisha’ initiative, which seeks to place the state among the top three start-up hubs by 2020.
4. While the government has initiated several sector-specific policies, it has given special emphasis on inclusiveness in enterprise development, focusing on women, SC, ST and differently-abled entrepreneurs.
5. Focusing on the 5 Ts, the state government has taken up several proactive business-friendly measures with the objective of creating an industry-led ecosystem of value addition, sustainable employment generation and revenue augmentation for the state.