Motorcycle Comes In Contact With Live Wire, Close Shave For Bikers In Odisha

Bhadrak: A day after 10 passengers were electrocuted to death in Ganjam after a bus came in contact with an 11KV wire, two persons had a narrow escape in a similar incident in Bhadrak district on Monday.

According to sources, Durjyodhan Raul (65) and Sudarshan Jena (32) were riding a motorbike through Kaithakhola market near Dhamra in the early hours when the vehicle came in contact with the wire hanging that had snapped from a nearby electric pole.

The electric shock threw them off the vehicle, which was charred in the incident.

The duo sustained serious burns and was immediately admitted to Bhadrak district headquarters hospital (DHH).

Family members of Surendra and Duryodhan later lodged a complaint at Dhamra police station, holding the electricity department responsible for the mishap.

Police have taken the charred remains of the two-wheeler to the police station and launched an investigation.



Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.