Schools Should Reopen In 6 Phases, Classes May Be Held In Open Ground: Recommends NCERT
New Delhi: As uncertainty looms over the reopening of schools in India, NCERT has submitted a tentative draft of guidelines for schools across states and UTs.
According to a report in Dainik Bhaskar, the following guidelines have been submitted for approval.
Schools will be reopened in 6 phases:
Phase 1 — Classes XI and XII
Phase 2 (1 week later) — Classes IX and X
Phase 3 (2 weeks later) — Classes VI, VII, VIII
Phase 4 (3 weeks later) — Classes III, IV, V
Phase 5 (4 weeks later) — Classes I and II
Phase 6 (5 weeks later) — Nursery & KG classes can be started only after getting consent of parents.
Besides reopening schools in different phases, following safety measures will be adopted by school authorities:
- Odd-even formula to be implemented in class rooms on the basis of roll numbers.
- Distance of 6 feet between students in class rooms to be strictly followed.
- There shall not be more than 30 to 35 children in a class room.
- It has also been recommended that instead of class rooms, classes can also be held in open field.
- Children will not be allowed to share books, stationery or food with each other.
- Face mask will be mandatory for every child.
- Each student will get a fixed seat in the class room. Name of the student will be written on the desk and they have to sit in the same place every day.
- Doors and windows will remain open and no air-conditioners will run in the class room.
- School management will ensure that class rooms are sanitized on daily basis.
- Morning Assembly and Annual Functions will not be held.
- Students and staff will be screened at the gate before they enter the school campus.
- No food stalls will be allowed outside the school gate.
- Parents working in medical, safety or sanitation-related places will have to inform school authorities in advance.
- No parent-teacher meeting to be conducted in schools.
- Only those parents, who are unable to contact the teacher over phone, will be allowed to meet teachers.
- As for students residing in hostels, each bed will be placed at a distance of six feet.