Slapping Fines, More Diagnostic Kits On Odisha Cabinet’s Priority List For COVID-19
Bhubaneswar: Chief Secretary Asit Kumar Tripathy on Thursday briefed the media about the following decisions taken by the Odisha Cabinet in a meeting earlier in the day. The video conferencing was presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at Naveen Niwas.
- Procurement regarding procurement of one lakh rapid diagnostic kits for fast anti-body based tests from other states and abroad. The kit will help quick diagnosis of a larger population within a short time.
- Ratification in the amendment of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
- Special procurement process for critical drugs, consumables and equipment to manage COVID-19.
- Regulation of the Health and Family Welfare Department to slap fines on the people for not wearing the mask.
- Approval of a resolution of the Finance Department for the augmentation of the Odisha Contingency Fund (OCF) to Rs 2000 crore.