Bhubaneswar: The Odisha capital, the number one Smart City of India, has added yet another feather in its cap by being featured among the Top 50 Smart City Governments in the World, according to a study conducted Singapore-based Eden Strategy Institute.
Here are all important updates about the same:
- Bhubaneswar is placed at the 32nd position along with Ahmedabad.
- Other Indian cities listed in it , are – New Delhi at 23rd, Surat at 27th, Jaipur at 34th and Pune at 3th.
- The rankings were unveiled from a study conducted in partnership with OXD (ONG&ONG Experience Design).
- London topped the list while Singapore followed at the 2nd position and Seoul at the 3rd.
- The ranking investigates the roles that city governments play a lead in Smart City strategy.
- The cities have been adjudged on 10 criteria: Clarity of vision, Leadership, Budget, Provision of Financial incentives, Support programmes, Talent-Readiness, People-centric approach, Development of an Innovation Ecosystem, Implementation of Smart Policies and Track Record of previous initiatives and projects.
- The results were given after conducting interviews with city officials so as to validate facts, measure outcomes and learn about the unique challenges and pathways taken by each city.
Earlier in March, Bhubaneswar had ranked 13th in the list of Top 20 safe cities of the world as per the Global Smart City Performance Index-2017 by Juniper Research.
The safety was in term of crime levels, mortality and law enforcement services’ efforts to combat these challenges. It was also ranked 20th in the other three categories, i.e., Mobility, Health and Productivity. Bhubaneswar was the only city in India to have been featured in the list.