Fire In SCB Brought Under Control, No Loss Of Life

SCB_medical_college baby swapping
Reading Time: 1 minute

Cuttack: A major fire mishap was averted at SCB Medical College and Hospital here after the Fire Services and the General Electrical Division (GED) officials brought the flames under control in time early on Monday.

Reports said the panel board of the air-conditioning unit was gutted due to short-circuit after lightning struck the hospital. As a result, there was leakage in the oxygen pipeline.

Panic gripped among the patients and the attendants as they ran out of the casualty ward.

However, the Fire Services personnel and GED staffs rushed to the spot and immediately brought the fire under control.

A GED official said due to the short-circuit, a plastic pipe connecting to the meter had melted.

The incident took place at around 5 am.

Till reports last came in, power supply has been restored. Except the air conditioning unit, all other equipment including the oxygen are functioning properly.

Efforts are on to repair the Air Conditioning unit at the Trauma Care and ICU of the hospital.

Comments

comments